Some may think that retiring early is just a dream, but can you turn this dream into a reality? In this episode, Eric talks about the ins and outs of taking an early retirement. Find out when you can retire and whether you will actually want to stay retired.
(Click the featured times below to jump forward in the episode)
[0:47] – WHAT AGE IS ‘EARLY RETIREMENT’ FOR MOST PEOPLE?
[2:01] – CAN EARLY RETIREMENT BE A REALISTIC GOAL?
- The common mistake people make but what you should really be focusing on.
- Tax penalties that need to be considered.
- Do you need to have additional income still coming in?
[4:39] – DOES RETIRING EARLY MEAN COMPLETELY STOPPING WORK
- What do most people do after retirement?
- Eric shares an example of someone who found a way to bring in bonus income
[7:55] – THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE TO RETIRING EARLY
[9:01] – HOW WILL I KNOW IF RETIRING EARLY WILL WORK FOR ME?
Check out some other recent episodes
What do couples tend to argue about when it comes to their money in retirement? Eric talks through what you need to do to get on the same page.Read More
Looking for a way around paying for long-term care insurance? Will an inheritance cover it? Eric answers this question and two others from the mailbag.Read More