You might not expect to gain wisdom from these popular celebrities. To be honest, these quotes weren’t intended to be about finances either. However, there’s plenty of retirement planning wisdom we can learn from these personalities.
(Click the featured times below to jump forward in the episode)
[1:07] – Lindsay Lohan On Owning Your Problems.
“I’m my own worst enemy, and I know that.”
- Acknowledge your problems, and own them.
- Stop trying to justify poor financial decisions.
- There are no magic tricks or secrets to getting ahead in the stock market. You must follow a long-term investing strategy.
- Behavioral investors let their emotions get the best of them. They get excited and buy when the market is high, and then they panic and sell as it drops. A savvy investor follows a strategy. They aren’t driven by emotions.
[5:00] – Rosie O’Donnell On Being Wary Of The Media
“Anybody that you put on TV for five hours a week is bound to say something stupid at some point.”
- We live in a 24-hour news cycle, and sensational news sells.
- News channels appeal to their listeners. You’re going to listen to the channel you find most appealing.
- Be wary of the financial advice you receive from television personalities.
[3:57] – Mike Tyson On Changing Plans
“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”
- You think you know what you’re doing, and then you face one of those “life happens” moments. Suddenly, you need to change your plans.
- An illness, early retirement, or layoff could all force you to change your plans in retirement.
- Be ready to adjust your plan.
Check out some other recent episodes
Let’s take a look at some of Biden’s executive orders so far in his first few weeks. How could they alter your financial plan?Read More
From managing your income as a contract employee to managing your income in retirement, Eric answers three questions from the mailbag in today’s episode of the podcast.Read More
What financial wisdom can we glean from the sayings of Mark Twain? Believe it or not, many of these quotes are quite relevant today.Read More
Whether you want to learn more about using your HSA or trying to make strategic use of your severance package, Eric answers three questions from the mailbag. Do any of these questions relate to your situation?Read More
What kind of decisions are you making alongside your financial advisor? How do you know if they are doing everything you need when it comes to creating and implementing a retirement plan? Eric talks through what you deserve from a financial advisor and how his team works with clients to meet their needs.Read More