There are a lot of great quotes from past presidents that also apply in the financial industry. Have you heard all of these? How would you apply them to your financial portfolio?
(Click the featured times below to jump forward in the episode)
[1:06] “When only one side of a story is heard and often repeated, the human mind becomes impressed with it.” – George Washington
- If you watch too much news, then you only get one side of the story from the “Wall Street machine”.
- Keep in mind that you might be listening to a marketer.
- What’s right for someone else might not be the best fit for your situation. For example, someone with a billion dollars does things differently than someone with half a million.
- You have to understand who the message is for, and who it’s coming from, and what they are trying to get you to agree to.
[4:08] “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” – JFK
- From a financial advisor standpoint, this is what a fiduciary is supposed to think about.
- Advisors should be client-focused and asking what is right for the client instead of just doing whatever is going to generate the most revenue.
- A lot of people in retirement just want someone who is going to look out for them and their best interests.
[6:54] “Think about every problem, every challenge we face. The solution to each starts with education.” – George Bush
- Education is the foundation of everything Eric does for clients. The first two meetings of the planning process are designed to help educate you about risk and what a properly designed portfolio looks like.
Check out some other recent episodes
In part two of our series on the SECURE Act, we talk about some of the downsides to the changes. Eric explains the stretch IRA and what impact the SECURE Act made on it.Read More
What happens if you’ve maxed out your 401(k) contribution limit? When is a good time to make a Roth conversion? Eric answers three questions from the mailbag this week all pertaining to the options you have when it comes to saving for retirement.Read More
Are you considering making a move this year? When it comes to home buying or selling decisions, there are a lot of factors to consider. Eric answers a few questions from the mailbag related to real estate.Read More